We are currently working on the OpenDrop V3, a complete re-design of the OpenDrop digital microfluidics platform with a lot of new features.
- Reservoirs – the new electrode array features 4 CT-type reservoirs to experiment with
- Gold coated 14×8 electrodes array, 2.75mm2 in size, 4mil gaps
- AC and DC – very exciting , the OpenDrop V3 now has true AC voltage driving capability (up to 300VAC).
- 32bit AVR SAMD21G18 microprocessor with plenty of memory and power
- Electronic settings for voltage level, frequency and AC/DC selection
- Electronic reading of actual voltage level
- One connector for communication and powering (USB-C)
- Optical isolation of the high-voltage electronics trough opto-couplers and PhotoMOS
- New polyphonic audio amplifier and speaker (it’s a synth!)
- Cartridge presence detection
- Super flat OLED Display
- Nice joystick and 2 buttons, 3 LEDs
- Reset button
- All files open source, designed on KiCAD
Voltage selection menue.